This website was created for the hopeful and motivated. If you have an opinion you can express through images or words and want to share it, send your writing or art according to the specifications below. All submissions are read daily and your work can be published on Art’s Answer within the week.
For journalists and writers:
- You can submit op-eds or personal stories up to 750 words, either about your relationship to a particular news story or your opinion on the matter. Longer pieces will be accepted if you’re willing to publish the articles as a two or three part series.
- If you don’t have a featured image to accompany your story, our curator will pair your article with an artwork that relates to your writing.
- Please include links to any sources you gathered information from.
- If you do have a featured image, please attach it as a jpeg file sized 384 x 285 pixels to fit the Art’s Answer grid.
- Send your attached image and article copy/pasted in the bottom of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that also includes basic information like your name, age, location, and occupation.
For artists and photojournalists:
- If you have an artwork or original photo that you think applies to a particular news story or event, send it in a jpeg file sized 384 x 285 pixels to fit the Art’s Answer grid. If you’d like the work to appear on a larger scale within the post, attach an additional high-res image as well.
- If you can, include a comment on how this artwork or photo came to be and/or what you think it can contribute to the story it applies to.
- Your work will either be described and editorialized by our curator, or paired with an op-ed or personal essay submitted by a writer or journalist.
- Send your attached artwork(s) and comment in an email to email@example.com that also includes basic information like your name, age, location, and occupation.